Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson's Relationship Timeline

Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson welcomed their first child — a baby girl named True — in April 2018, and now Us Weekly is looking back over their whirlwind romance, including a cheating scandal that broke two days before the arrival of their daughter.

The Good American designer and the Cleveland Cavaliers player sparked romance rumors in August 2016 and made their first appearance as a couple the next month while celebrating Flo Rida’s birthday party at LIV in Miami.

Kardashian has spoken candidly in the past about her and Thompson’s desire to have a big family. “He wants to have, like, five or six kids with me, and that’s lovely,” she said on the season 13 finale of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. “We could start at one and then grow from there. But now, knowing I’m on birth control, it’s really scary. It’s like a really big step.”

Less than year after Thompson was caught cheating on Kardashian with several different women during her pregnancy, multiple sources told Us Weekly that the basketball player was spotted “making out” with Kylie Jenner’s best friend Jordyn Woods in February 2019. (Thompson seemingly denied the accusations by tweeting and deleting “FAKE NEWS.”)

An insider confirmed to Us the same day the cheating scandal broke that Kardashian and Thompson had called it quits after more than two years together.

However, the duo ultimately decided to give their romance another try; Us confirmed in August 2020 that they were back together. Nearly one year later, Us confirmed that the duo had called it quits once again in June 2021.

“They broke up a few weeks ago,” a source told Us at the time. “They remain amicable toward each other and will continue to coparent [their daughter, True].”

The insider noted that “there was no drama” between the on-off duo ahead of their split, adding, “Things just didn’t work out.”

The breakup came six months before news broke that Thompson was being sued by Maralee Nichols who claimed he fathered her newborn son. The NBA player confirmed the paternity in January 2022 and issued a public apology to Kardashian as he was dating her when he fathered the child. Us confirmed in July 2022 that the exes are expecting baby No. 2 via surrogate.

Relive the KUWTK star and the Canadian basketball pro’s highs and lows, and scroll to see a timeline of their relationship:


August 2016
The Revenge Body star and the NBA player sparked romance rumors in August 2016 after they were spotted leaving L.A.’s Bootsy Bellows nightclub within minutes of each other.  BACKGRID
September 2016
Kardashian and Thompson hit the beach — and the waves — during their steamy Mexico vacation in September 2016.  FameFlynet/BACKGRID
September 2016
The Strong Looks Better Naked author and her beau turned heads at pal Flo Rida’s birthday party at LIV in Miami in September 2016 as they made their first appearance together as a couple. Seth Browarnik/startraksphoto.com
November 2016
The KoKo Kollection designer gushed about her romance with Thompson during her appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in November 2016. “I live here, but I’m [in Cleveland] very often,” she told the late-night host. “I actually really do [like being in Cleveland]. I actually really like it. I like just having my routine and being a little more under the radar. It’s nice.” Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
December 2016
The lovebirds spent the holidays together and took to Instagram to wish their fans well. “Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays from me and mines, to you and yours,” Thompson captioned an adorable photo of himself and Kardashian wearing matching fur coats on Christmas Day in 2016. Courtesy Tristan Thompson/Instagram
January 2017
The E! star and the NBA champ danced in each other’s arms on New Year’s Eve. “Happy New Year!!! May you always be surrounded by the love you are deserving of,” Kardashian captioned a heartfelt picture of herself smiling in Thompson’s arms as he kisses her ear. “May Gods blessings continue to rain on us all!” Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
March 2017
In a March 2017 episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, the media personality introduced her famous family to Thompson at brother-in-law Kanye West’s concert. BACKGRID
April 2017
The former DASH owner recently spoke about her desire to settle down with Thompson, telling ES Magazine in April 2017 that she has “never been in this type of love” and “yes, [she] would” marry her man if he were to pop the question. “I would love to have a family. We’ve talked about it … I know for a fact that he would be an impeccable father,” she continued, adding that the couple isn’t rushing to have children together. “I definitely want to be a mom. But I don’t put the pressure on it. It’s not like, ‘The clock is ticking.’ I feel in my soul it will happen.” Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
August 2017
“I’m in the best relationship I’ve ever been in and it doesn’t take a ring for me to feel that way,” Kardashian said of her relationship during an interview with Mail on Sunday’s You magazine in August 2017. “My boyfriend is very protective of me. Feeling loved and validated and secure is a huge thing. Tristan is protective of my entire family, which is beautiful.” Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
September 2017
In Us Weekly’s Keeping Up With the Kardashians Ten Year Anniversary Special exclusive sneak peak, the businesswoman revealed how she met Thompson. “I was put on a blind date with Tristan,” she told Ryan Seacrest. “Brandon Jennings, who’s a basketball player, he’s a friend of mine and Malika’s, and he’s like, ‘You’re such a good girl, I want to introduce you to someone.’ I was at the Bel-Air Hotel. He came to the dinner, cause I didn’t want to go on a blind date, so Brandon kind of ambushed the blind date. So I had a bunch of people, and he brought him, and we just connected.” As for their love now? Kardashian said, “It’s a serious relationship.” Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
October 2017
Kardashian shared a photo of the pair kissing on October 16, 2017. "My Love," she wrote. Pregnant with their first child, it's speculated that the photo was a throwback. Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
December 2017
The expectant mom finally confirmed her pregnancy on Instagram on December 20, 2017, writing, “My greatest dream realized! We are having a baby! I had been waiting and wondering but God had a plan all along. He knew what He was doing. I simply had to trust in Him and be patient. I still at times can't believe that our love created life! Tristan, thank you for loving me the way that you do! Thank you for treating me like a Queen! Thank you for making me feel beautiful at all stages! Tristan, most of all, Thank you for making me a MOMMY!!! You have made this experience even more magical than I could have envisioned! I will never forget how wonderful you've been to me during this time! Thank you for making me so happy my love! Thank you to everyone for the love and positive vibes! I know we've been keeping this quiet but we wanted to enjoy this between our family and close friends as long as we could privately. To enjoy our first precious moments just us ❤️ Thank you all for understanding. I am so thankful, excited, nervous, eager, overjoyed and scared all in one! But it's the best bundle of feelings I've ever felt in my life! ❤️❤️❤️” Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
January 2018
Kardashian shared a sweet photo kissing Thompson on January 2, 2018 the same day she confirmed she’s “officially 6 months” pregnant. She captioned the post: “Mom and Dad.” Courtesy of Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
January 2018
Thompson sent Khloé a thoughtful gift on January 31, 2018, following the death of her dog Gabbana. She shared a photo via Instagram of a flower arrangement made out of white and purple roses in the shape of a giant paw print, and captioned it: “Thank you baby for being so thoughtful! This gorgeous arrangement brightened up my day! You are the sweetest my love!” Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram (2)
February 2018
The Strong Looks Better Naked author and the NBA player celebrated Valentine’s Day together. “‘When a woman is loved correctly, she becomes ten times the woman she was before’ Thank you my love,” she captioned an Instagram photo on February 16, 2018, of them posing in front of a display of balloons that spelled out “I <3 U.” The Cleveland Cavaliers player and the reality star cradled her belly, while she wore a form-fitting strapless red dress that was perfect for the occasion.   Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
March 2018
Khloé revealed that the couple are expecting a girl on the season 14 finale of Keeping Up With the Kardashians on March 4, 2018. “You're lying! I don’t feel like I’m having a girl. … I’m, like, in a state of shock,” she said when her sister Kylie Jenner told her the news. The Good American denim designer later said, “Everyone told me, ‘You’re going to feel what you’re having and you’ll just kind of know.’ And then when you find out it’s the complete opposite, it’s just a shock. I just was convinced that I was having a boy, so to be having a girl, it’s just like, ‘OK, that wasn’t what I thought was going on.’” After the initial shock, the Revenge Body host said she knows she and Thompson will “be in love” with their baby regardless of its sex. She added: “She’ll be so cute.” Jerritt Clark/Getty Images
March 2018
Khloé celebrated her baby shower at a pink-themed party at Hotel Bel-Air in Beverly Hills, California, on March 10, 2018, and her beau was right by her side. The pair posed for photos surrounded by pink balloons, in front of a sign that read “Baby Thompson.” Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
March 2018
The E! personality — who was eight months pregnant at the time — took to Instagram on March 13, 2018 to express her love for her boyfriend on his 27th birthday. “To the happiest of birthdays my love! How special is this thing called life that we share together?!” she captioned a picture of them kissing. “I am so blessed to be creating beautiful monumental memories with such a wonderful man! I hope this year brings you all that you dream of! You will forever be my always! I love you baby!” The couple celebrated his birthday earlier that week at a star-studded party at Beauty & Essex in Los Angeles on March 10. The guest list included LeBron James, sisters Kylie and Kendall Jenner, Kourtney Kardashian and her boyfriend, Younes Bendjima, Kris Jenner and Thompson’s mother, Andrea Thompson. Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
March 2018
The reality star revealed one of her maternity photo shoot pictures in March 2018, in which she rocked sultry lingerie and showed off her bare baby bump. Thompson, meanwhile, went shirtless by her side. “I know I’m going to miss my belly so much once [my daughter’s] here, I had to capture the beautiful process that is pregnancy so I can always look back at this time,” she wrote. “Thank you Sasha Samsonova for this special photo shoot! Also, shout-out to my glam team who helped me look and feel like a goddess: Hrush [Achemyan], Andrew [Fitzsimons] and Jill [Jacobs].” Sasha Samsonova/Courtesy of khloewithak.com
April 2018
Thompson appeared to kiss another woman at a New York City club in April 2018 in photos and video obtained by the Daily Mail. Kardashian was nine months pregnant when the news broke. Later that same day, TMZ released never-before-seen footage of the NBA player kissing and touching two other women at a hookah lounge in Washington, D.C. in October 2017. She has not yet publicly responded. Jerritt Clark/Getty Images for Klutch Sports Group
April 2018
Kardashian welcomed her first baby, a girl, on April 12, 2018 at a hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. The baby came just days after the news broke that Thompson had been cheating on her. Kardashian was “shell-shocked and beside herself” when she found out, a source told Us Weekly exclusively. Jerritt Clark/Getty Images
April 2018
Four days after giving birth, Kardashian revealed the name of their daughter. "Our little girl, True Thompson, has completely stolen our hearts and we are overwhelmed with LOVE," she captioned an Instagram pic of pink balloons, flowers and stuffed animals. "Such a blessing to welcome this angel into the family! Mommy and Daddy loooooove you True!" Courtesy of Khloe Kardashian/Instagram; Inset: Jerritt Clark/Getty Images for Klutch Sports Group
May 2018
A source confirmed to Us in May 2018 that the twosome were “fully back on” after the NBA pro was caught cheating. A month later, the reality TV personality spoke out about her decision to stay with Thompson. “You have no knowledge of what goes on in our household or the enormous rebuilding this takes to even coexist,” Kardashian replied to a fan via Twitter in June 2018. “I’m proud of my strength. I appreciate your opinion and I hope you hold that same opinion to everyone else who has stayed in situations.” gotpap/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images
June 2018
Kardashian and Thompson packed on the PDA during a romantic getaway with her sister Kendall Jenner and her then-beau Ben Simmons in June 2018. The pair “looked to be very much in love and letting loose” during their trip, a source told Us at the time.  PG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images
September 2018
An eyewitness told Us exclusively in September 2018 that Thompson was “chatting and flirting” with another girl during a night out at L.A.’s Warwick nightclub. “They were very touchy-feely. He had his hand on her butt.” The pair never publicly addressed the allegations. Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
October 2018
As Kardashian prepared to join Thompson in Cleveland for “a big chunk” of the 2018 NBA season, a source told Us the Good American designer’s “doubts [began] to creep in” in October 2018. The source noted: “Khloé is being extremely cautious about uprooting her entire life for Tristan again.” MEGA
November 2018
The duo were forced to relive the April 2018 cheating scandal on the November 2018 episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. In addition to calling the Cleveland Cavaliers star a “piece of s—t” during the November 18 episode of the E! series, the Revenge Body host live-tweeted the episode with fans. I was definitely and completely in shock … I can’t believe I had to deal with this disgusting crap still in the hospital room!” she tweeted. Kardashian also defended her decision to let Thompson in her hospital room while True was born: “Regardless of what Tristan did to me, I was never going to take that moment away from True or Tristan. She should not be punished for his actions. He is her father and they both deserve to love one another as deeply as They possibly can #KUWTK.”
November 2018
The couple spent Thanksgiving 2018 together in Cleveland, after the NBA star’s cheating scandal played out on Keeping Up With the Kardashians. “I’m soo blessed,” Thompson wrote on Instagram, posting a photo of himself embracing Kardashian and their daughter, True. “Happy thanksgiving from my family to yours #GiveThanks #blessed”   Meanwhile, the reality star debunked fan speculation that sibling tension was the reason she decamped to Ohio for the holiday. “Y’all are reaching now,” she tweeted on November 23. “I’ve spent the past 3years in Cleveland for Thanksgiving … My sisters and I are perfectly fine thank you! All of their families were able to travel but TT being in season, he can not.” Courtesy of Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
February 2019
The couple called it quits in February 2019, 10 months after the NBA star was caught cheating, Us Weekly confirmed. Their breakup came days after the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star spent Valentine's Day alone while Thompson allegedly flirted with women at a Los Angeles bar. "Tristan was being flirty, hitting up girls," an eyewitness told Life & Style. Getty Images
April 2019
Two months after the scandal with Woods, Kardashian and Thompson reunited at their daughter’s first birthday party in April 2019. When the get-together aired on Keeping Up With the Kardashians, fans learned that Thompson tired to kiss his ex before the bash. Courtesy of Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
July 2019
The Revenge Body host opened up exclusively to Us about being single in July 2019. “I’m so good! I feel really happy and I’m spending so much time with my family,” she told Us at the time. “We’re working so much, but I like that I’m taking time for myself, and I think that I’m really good at being single! I enjoy it. … I don’t ever feel like I need a man to feel solid. I feel really good, so I’m enjoying spending time with True and my family.”
October 2019
In the months following the Woods scandal, Thompson made headlines for leaving flirty comments on Kardashian’s Instagram posts. According to a source, however, Kardashian had no interest in reuniting with the athlete. “Khloé is coparenting and not getting back with him,” one source told Us. “Khloé and Tristan have been spending time together primarily involving True. Tristan has made it known to Khloé he wants to reconcile,”   a second source added. “Her friends are concerned Tristan misses the lifestyle and perks that are included when dating a Kardashian.” Shutterstock
December 2019
After viewers saw Thompson gift Kardashian a diamond necklace during a December 2019 episode of KUWTK, she took to Instagram to defend her decision to forgive the NBA player for his past indiscretions. “Life is short! We are all humans trying to figure out this thing called life … Yes, I’m allowed to feel hurt and pain. It would be unnatural for me to pretend as if I don’t. Personally, I don’t want to be carrying around a hateful heart,” Kardashian wrote. Me holding onto hate is only going to hurt me in the end. I have chosen to NOT pollute my heart and my energy by holding onto anything negative … I am allowed to forgive but still not accept their behaviors … I was nothing but beautiful blessings for EVERYBODY that has ever been in my life.” Hours later, she revealed that she was writing about both Thompson and Woods. “The reason why I decided to post my previous post is because I’m seeing a lot of back-and-forth with people asking ‘why don’t I keep that same energy with Jordyn?’ That message is for Jordyn,” Kardashian wrote. “It’s for anyone else who has ever hurt me. For some reason people want to assume that I’m talking only about Tristan. This message applies to ALL parties involved in situations that have ever hurt me. I have moved on, found forgiveness and wish you only happiness and joy!” Shutterstock
December 2019
The pair reunited at the annual Kardashian family Christmas Eve party on December 24, 2019, which Kourtney Kardashian hosted. Matt Baron/Shutterstock; Brian To/Variety/Shutterstock
February 2020
On the one-year anniversary of Thompson and Woods’ cheating scandal, a source exclusively told Us that the athlete and Kardashian were “happily coparenting” True and had “no plans … to get back together.” Courtesy of Kourtney Kardashian/Instagram
March 2020
Us broke the news in March 2020 that the on-off couple were quarantined together amid the COVID-19 pandemic. A source said at the time, “Khloé doesn’t have bad or negative feelings toward Tristan at this point. Being quarantined has made her have a soft spot for him, and she knows he will always be part of her life in some way because he is True’s dad. Khloé has been open and receptive toward Tristan.” Courtesy of Khloe Kardashian/Instagram; INset: Brian To/Variety/Shutterstock
April 2020
The Strong Looks Better Naked author decided in an April 2020 episode of KUWTK to freeze her eggs, telling viewers, “Who knows, maybe I’ll never date again.” In an episode that aired later that month, Thompson agreed to be her “sperm donor.” E!
April 2020
The exes threw a Trolls-themed birthday party for True when she turned 2 in April 2020. Courtesy of Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
May 2020
After fans speculated that Kardashian was covering her stomach in her social media photos in May 2020, she took to Twitter to clap back: “The sick and hurtful things people say. I am disgusted by so many things I am seeing. SMH people swear they know everything about me. Including my uterus. Sick.” Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
June 2020
Kardashian and Thompson were caught looking cozy at their friend Savas Oguz’s 30th birthday party in June 2020 in an Instagram video shared by the NBA player’s former teammate Jordan Clarkson. Courtesy of Jordan Clarkson/Instagram
July 2020
When the Canada native threw a 4th of July party at his L.A. home, his guests included Kardashian, her brother, Rob Kardashian, and her best friend Malika Haqq. Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram (4)
August 2020
Multiple sources told Us in August 2020 that the pair were back together — and talking about their future. “Khloé would love to give daughter True a sibling because she is at the perfect age,” one insider said. Courtesy of Tristan Thompson/Instagram
August 2020
Us exclusively revealed that the twosome are house-hunting together primarily in California’s Hidden Hills and Calabasas neighborhoods. “Khloé and Tristan want to buy a house together,” the source said, adding, “Tristan wants to prove to Khloé that he has changed and wants to make this permanent with a family home.” Mediapunch/Shutterstock; Brian To/Shutterstock
August 2020
Scott Disick was the first member of the Kardashian-Jenner clan to publicly acknowledge that the pair were back together. “@RealTristan13 is a lucky man!” Disick commented on an Instagram photo of the Revenge Body star.    Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
October 2020
The duo packed on the PDA at Kim Kardashian's 40th birthday party, which was featured on the October 21 episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. In the clip, Thompson gave Khloé a kiss on the cheek while they posed for a picture in a photo booth. E!
October 2020
True's parents drove their toddler through Nights of the Jack's Halloween experience. Courtesy of Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
November 2020
The athlete surprised the reality star with a congratulatory bouquet of pink flowers after she won two People’s Choice Awards during the 2020 show. Courtesy Khloe Kardashian/Instagram
February 2021
The Good American co-creator told Thompson in a Keeping Up With the Kardashians clip that she was "ready" to conceive baby No. 2 with frozen embryos. "That's what I like to hear," the athlete replied, saying he was "all for" giving True a sibling. Courtesy of Khloé Kardashian/Instagram
June 2021
Us confirmed that the pair “broke up a few weeks ago” and that they “remain amicable toward each other and will continue to coparent.” The insider added: “There was no drama that broke them up, things just didn’t work out between the two of them.” The split news came one day after part two of the Keeping Up With the Kardashians reunion aired. During the special, Khloé revealed that she “definitely trust[s] him as a friend” but was taking it “day by day” with the NBA player following his two cheating scandals. Brian To/Shutterstock; Matt Baron/Shutterstock
December 2021
Maralee Nichols welcomed a baby on December 2, claiming that Thompson is the father. Thompson, who confirmed via legal documents that he had sex with the trainer in March, has requested a paternity test as Nichols is suing for child support. Kardashian is "hurt" by the news, a source exclusively told Us. "This is a very sad time for Khloé. She really loves Tristan and still held a candle for him. She thought he might have changed his ways. Khloé now knows that Tristan was unfaithful to her when they were back together." The insider added that the Kardashian family "has all rallied around her" with their support. "Even though Khloé is hurt, she’s staying strong and trying to move forward," the source said. "Khloé did know about the baby before the news broke, it was very hard for her to hear." John Angelillo/UPI/Shutterstock; MEGA
January 2022
On January 3, Thompson confirmed that he was the father of Nichols' son via his Instagram Story. At the time, he also issued a public apology to Kardashian, writing: "Khloé, you don't deserve this. You don't deserve the heartache and humiliation I have caused you. You don't deserve the way I have treated you over the years. My actions certainly have not lined up with the way I view you. I have the utmost respect and love for you. Regardless of what you may think. Again, I am so incredibly sorry." Shutterstock
March 2022
Kardashian told Variety that Thompson’s paternity drama will play out on her family’s upcoming Hulu show, saying, “I wish I never had to talk about that because it’s not a fun thing to talk about. But it is part of my journey in life, so we will see it on the show.” Shutterstock (2)
March 2022
After confirming that Thompson's paternity scandal "will be addressed" on Hulu's The Kardashians, the reality star told Variety, "We try as a family to protect the privacy of our partners or significant others, since they didn't really sign up for this; we did. But if something is really public like this was, it would be strange if Tristan was a part of the show and then all of a sudden he disappears and we don't ever talk about it." She explained that "everything happens for a reason," adding, "I always try to be as respectful as possible, but it is reality. But it's not going to be some long, drawn-out situation. I think people are probably a little tired of it. ... There's so much more to love about life than these little blips that happen to us." Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock; MEGA
March 2022
Amid his paternity suit drama, Thompson claimed that he and Kardashian were engaged in Snapchat messages he allegedly sent to Nichols. In court documents obtained by Us, the NBA player allegedly wrote in April 2021 that he was "engaged but I will be married soon. ... Why would you want a baby with a man that’s engaged. You wanna keep a mistake." One month later, the Canada native allegedly told Nichols that "me and my fiancè [sic] gonna announce publicly about out [sic] marriage" soon, adding that they planned to move out of the country after getting married. Thompson has claimed that the texts are fake. Nichols is not commenting on, confirming or denying anything pertaining to pleadings and documents in the paternity file. While neither he nor the Good American founder have confirmed an engagement, the documents state that he paid $2 million for an engagement ring. Courtesy of Tristan Thompson/Instagram
April 2022
“I still think he's a great guy, and he's a great dad. He's just not the guy for me,” the Strong Looks Better Naked author told Robin Roberts during ABC’s tell-all interview. ABC
July 2022
Us confirmed that the exes are expecting their second child together via surrogate. The duo split in summer of 2021, but Thompson agreed to be a sperm donor for his ex — and they settled on a carrier — before his paternity scandal with Nichols broke in December 2021. Shutterstock (2)
July 2022
“Khloé and Tristan are not back together,” a source exclusively told Us after news broke that the exes are expecting baby No. 2 via surrogate, noting that the former couple “have not spoken since December outside of coparenting matters.” The insider added: “The baby was conceived via surrogate before it was revealed to Khloé and the public that Tristan was having a baby with someone else in December.” Shutterstock; The Photo Access/Cover Images
July 2022
A source told Us in July that the now-exes are set to welcome a baby boy together, noting they specifically chose to implant a male embryo into their gestational carrier. Shutterstock (2)
July 2022
The Kardashian-Jenner clan was "supportive" as the Hulu star waited to welcome baby No. 2 via surrogate, but a source exclusively told Us they "distanced themselves" from Thompson in the wake of his controversy with Nichols.  Shutterstock; MEGA

Post a Comment

0 Comments