Nicola Peltz: Victoria Beckham Feud Rumors Are a 'Bit of a Bummer'

No in-law drama in sight. Nicola Peltz Beckham has been honest about her relationship with mother-in-law Victoria Beckham, despite rumors that the pair don’t get along.

The Bates Motel actress thinks that speculation of a feud began when she wore a Valentino Haute Couture for her April 2022 wedding to Brooklyn Beckham, rather than one designed by the former Spice Girl. “I was going to and I really wanted to, and then a few months down the line, [Victoria] realized that her atelier couldn’t do it, so then I had to pick another dress,” Nicola confessed during an August 2022 interview with Variety. “She didn’t say you can’t wear it; I didn’t say I didn’t want to wear it. That’s where it started, and then [people] ran with that.”

Brooklyn, for his part, brushed off the situation. “I’ve learned [social media users are] always going to try to write stuff like that,” he told the outlet. “They’re always going to try and put people down. But everyone gets along, which is good.”

Before the wedding, both Nicola and Victoria gushed about one another on multiple occasions. “[Nicola] is just wonderful,” the fashion designer said during a December 2020 appearance on the UK talk show Lorraine. “She’s sweet, she’s kind, she’s such a lovely, warm, wonderful, wonderful woman. We couldn’t have asked for Brooklyn to meet a more adorable, lovely lady. We are very happy. We love her. He’s so happy.”

Victoria continued: “It’s nice with everything that has gone on this year that Brooklyn has found his soulmate and the lady he wants to spend the rest of his life with, during this time there’s been so much uncertainty and that everything felt a little bit sad. So, we are very happy and very excited.”

Four months later, the Transformers: Age of Extinction star praised Victoria in a post celebrating her mother-in-law’s birthday. “Happy Birthday Victoria! I hope all your wishes come true ❤,” Nicola wrote via Instagram in April 2021. “You’re such a role model to me. I love you so so much!”

In fact, both Brooklyn and Nicola have expressed their admiration for the “Wannabe” singer and her decades-long marriage to David Beckham. Recalling a family trip to Turks and Caicos during a July 2022 interview with Vogue Australia, Victoria explained: “We’d had a drink the night before, me and David, and we’re kind of stumbling around the garden planting Easter eggs, and I remember seeing Brooklyn standing outside his room watching us. He turned around to Nicola and said, ‘I wanna be like that. I want what my mum and dad have got.'”

Keep scrolling to learn more about Nicola and Victoria’s relationship:


Engagement Excitement
"The MOST exciting news!! We could not be happier that @brooklynbeckham and @nicolaannepeltz are getting married!" Victoria wrote via Instagram in July 2020, after Brooklyn proposed to the New York native. "Wishing you so much love and a lifetime of happiness 🙏🏻We all love you both so much x" In the comments, Nicola gushed: “I love you so so much Victoria. I’m the luckiest girl.” Courtesy Victoria Beckham/Instagram
Sweet Memories
The Spice World star shared a snapshot of her son kissing Nicola on the cheek in August 2020, describing them as "the sweetest couple." Courtesy Victoria Beckham/Instagram
Family First
"Our family together is the most precious gift this Easter 🐣," Victoria wrote via Instagram in April 2021, alongside a photo of Brooklyn and Nicola wearing matching Easter bunny ears. "We have missed you and love you both so much." Courtesy Victoria Beckham/Instagram
Show of Support
One month after her son tied the knot, Victoria told Grazia that she thinks the newlyweds will make their marriage last. "David is an incredible dad, and husband, and he’s very supportive of my work. We are really good partners," she said at the time. "Claudia and Nelson [Peltz] have also been married a long time, so Brooklyn and Nicola have both seen that growing up. All of us are there to support them." Laurent VU/SIPA/Shutterstock; Vianney Le Caer/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
A Love Like That
In a July interview with Vogue Australia, Victoria recalled hearing Brooklyn tell Nicola that he wanted their marriage to resemble hers to David Beckham. "He turned around to Nicola and said, ‘I wanna be like that. I want what my mum and dad have got,'" she recalled. Laurent Vu/SIPA/Shutterstock; Pixelformula/SIPA/Shutterstock
Dress Drama
Nicola slammed rumors that she snubbed her mother-in-law by not wearing a Victoria Beckham design on her wedding day. “I was going to and I really wanted to, and then a few months down the line, [Victoria] realized that her atelier couldn’t do it, so then I had to pick another dress," she told Variety in August 2022. Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock; Richard Young/Shutterstock
No Feud Here
In a September 2022 interview with Grazia USA, Nicola denied that there is any tension between her and her mother-in-law. “When I read things that say [things like] I was never planning on wearing a [Victoria Beckham] dress or things like that, it does hurt my feelings," the Welcome to Chippendales star explained. "I try not to let it, but it’s just not the truth. It’s just a bit of a bummer when you’re like, ‘Oh, people think that,’ but it’s just not true.” The Lola James director added that she planned to wear a wedding dress designed by Victoria, but the timing didn't work out. “I was truly so excited to be able to wear a design that my future mother-in-law created," Nicola recalled. "We connected to start designing the dress, and then a few days went by and I didn’t hear anything. Victoria called my mom and said her atelier couldn’t make it. So, I spoke to my mom and [my stylist] Leslie [Fremar], and I was like, ‘Well, unfortunately, this can’t happen, so what’s the next step?’” Matt Baron/Shutterstock

Post a Comment

0 Comments