Jack Is 10! Everything Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Have Said About Their Son

Proud parents. Chris Pratt and Anna Faris have always done their best to put their son, Jack, first — even when they announced their separation in August 2017.

“We tried really hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed,” they said in a joint statement at the time. “Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep the situation as private as possible moving forward. We still love each other and will always cherish our time together.”

The former couple, who tied the knot in Bali in July 2009, welcomed their son nine weeks prematurely in August 2012 and he spent his first few days in the NICU. “He was born at three pounds,” Faris told GQ in November 2014 about Jack’s difficult birth. “And we were told, ‘OK, you need to be prepared for raising a special-needs child.’ And we felt like it was devastating, but it also felt like, you know, ‘We can do this.'”

One month later, the Guardians of the Galaxy star revealed some of the life-saving procedures that the baby needed shortly after his birth. “Anna got to hold him for a moment and then it was off to the NICU — the neonatal intensive care unit. Three pounds, 12 ounces. That’s a decent size bass. Very small for a human,” Pratt said in a speech at the March of Dimes Celebration of Babies Hollywood Luncheon. “He would need a lot. He had jaundice, so they put a blindfold on him and he slept beneath [a] creepy light and he had a PICC line, which is an IV that runs up his arm into his heart. He had a feeding tube and just wires in and out, and he lived in that incubator. That was his first crib.”

Despite his traumatic birth, Jack grew up to be a healthy, active child and Pratt and Faris have continued to share exciting updates about him as he gets older. “He does little acting lessons now,” the Overboard star told reporters in May 2018. “He’ll be like, ‘Mom, watch how scared I can look.’ Or he’ll give me a weird fake laugh. It’s really fun to see the performance element come out in him. But I’m also like, ‘Please don’t go into acting!’”

Gushing that their son reflected both her and Pratt equally, she continued: “He’s really funny, I think. Well, that’s sort of patting myself, I mean ourselves, on the back. But he’s really funny!”

In May 2021, Pratt revealed that Jack was doing “very well” despite having to switch to remote schooling amid the coronavirus pandemic. “He’s been one of the kids that I think really handled it well,” the Parks and Recreation alum said during an appearance on The Ellen Degeneres Show at the time. “I think a lot of kids, their anxieties are increased. I’m sure he’d prefer to be with his friends rather than at home, but he did a great job.”

The duo have maintained a friendly coparenting relationship despite moving to new relationships. Pratt married Katherine Schwarzenegger in June 2019 and share two daughters: 2-year-old Lyla and 1-month-old Eloise. Faris, for her part, married cinematographer Michael Barrett in July 2021.

Keep scrolling to see more of Pratt and Faris’ proudest quotes about Jack:


He’s Thriving
During a 2013 appearance on Late Night with David Letterman, Pratt revealed that his son was "totally healthy" one year after his difficult birth. "He is just so perfect and I love him so much," the Everwood alum gushed at the time. Jim Smeal/Shutterstock
A Father-Son Moment
"We did this amazing thing they call ‘skin-to-skin’ — it was just the best feeling I ever had," he said during a speech in December 2014. "It’s just what it sounds like. My little boy was laying across my neck and chest feeling my heartbeat and feeling my love, and I played him country music and I sang to him and I made him promises ... In that moment ... you know, about ... just about what kind of dad I wanted to be, and I just prayed that he’d be here long enough and he was going to let me keep him." David Fisher/Shutterstock
‘Tough As Nails’
In that same speech, Pratt praised his "tough as nails" son while sharing an update on his health. "Our Jack went from a small helpless little squirt to a strong, happy, funny, and vocal boy," the Passengers star continued. "He loves monster trucks and Daniel Tiger and, believe it or not, he loves vegetables. Broccoli and cherry tomatoes are his favorite foods. ... I’ve done all kinds of cool stuff as an actor. I’ve gotten to jump out of helicopters and do daring stunts and play baseball in a professional stadium, but none of them mean anything compared to being somebody’s daddy." Courtesy Chris Pratt/Instagram
He’s ‘Remarkable’
The Washington native told Ellen DeGeneres in January 2015 that the then-2-year-old was wise beyond his years. "He says amazing things. I was laying next to our bed and we made a little nest for him with lots of pillows during a retreat we did over the holidays ... because we didn’t have a crib," he recalled. "I said, ‘You know, Jack, there’s a lot of people here and it’s very loud. People are going to be having a lot of fun and there might even be some tension.’ And he just said, ‘It’s family.’ I almost started crying." Courtesy Anna Faris/Instagram
Taking It Easy
“It really is easy to be patient with this kid. He really is a remarkable kid," the Jurassic World star told DeGeneres in January 2015. “He’s so vocal and it’s super frustrating because you’re like, ‘Jack, it’s time for bed.’ And he’ll go: ‘Hmm, I thought about it and no thanks, dad. Not right now.’ He’s so polite! What am I supposed to do?” Courtesy Anna Faris/Instagram
Living the Dream
The O.C. alum opened up about enjoying his success and fatherhood during a June 2015 appearance on Today: "[Jack is] so good, man. Family life is great. We just spent a week in Hawaii, and yeah, he’s so amazing. He’s so smart.” Courtesy Anna Faris/Instagram
Learning to Fish
Pratt, an avid fisherman, was delighted when he was able to teach his son how to fish when he was just 3 years old. "This kid will be my partner in the bass masters pro am when he’s old enough. We’ll take the bass fishing world by storm," he wrote via Instagram in April 2016. "This little dude is bass fishing crazy. Just like his daddy!" Courtesy Chris Pratt/Instagram
He’s ‘Smart and Tough’
While accepting the Best Action Performance award at the 2016 MTV Movie Awards, the Moneyball star gushed about his then-wife Faris and their son. "Darling, our son was destined to be tough, but thanks to you, he’s going to be smart too!" Pratt said in his speech. Courtesy Anna Faris/Instagram
Enjoying the Little Things
"We love to go hiking,” the Mom actress told Us Weekly in January 2016 while talking about how the trio spent their free time. “Chris will carry Jack on this amazing hiker backpack thing that’s pretty awesome. We just love to do normal things. Go to the aquarium, go to the zoo. But mostly, we just really cherish our time at home." Courtesy Anna Faris/Instagram
Jack Swearing While Fishing
ven when Jack misbehaves, his parents can't help but gush about him. "I had this rule with my old man and I have it with my son, which is when you’re fishing you can swear. It’s just the guys, go ahead and let loose," Pratt recalled during a May 2018 appearance on the Graham Norton Show. "He catches a fish and I’m trying to get him to take a picture with the fish before we let it go and it flops out of his hands. The fin pokes him in the hand ... and he starts to cry." The Wanted actor then revealed that the little one hilariously expressed his anger at the "stupid" fish by declaring, "That stupid bass is a f—king p-ssy!"   Courtesy Chris Pratt/Instagram
The Cutest Thing Ever
“The day came when I got to take Jack home, and the first years were filled with doctor’s appointments, five surgeries, physical therapy, a lot of laughter — because Jack was and is the most adorable cutest thing I could ever have imagined," the Scary Movie star said about her first days of motherhood during a virtual event for nonprofit organization Global Alliance to Prevent Prematurity and Stillbirth in May 2021. Courtesy Anna Faris/Instagram
A Cool Dad
It can be hard to impress the child of movie stars, but Pratt was able to do just that when Jurassic World — The Ride opened at Universal Studios Hollywood. "He’s really excited," the Zero Dark Thirty actor told Us in July 2019. “I think we’re going to try to do it this week. … If there’s any kind of movie or theme park ride that can get you cool dad points, it would be this one.” Courtesy Anna Faris/Instagram
Wrapped Around His Finger
“We make him watch our films on a daily basis. He loves Observe and Report on my end [and] Scary Movie 1 through 4," Faris told Us in July 2019, before adding that the then-6-year-old is able to sweet talk her into watching anything he wants. "I wish I could capture his voice because it’s still the sweetest, and he totally knows how to manipulate me," the Unqualified author said at the time. "He’s like, ‘Mommy, is it OK if I watch’ whatever movie? [And] I let him watch. I’m not even sure I can tell you what I let him watch. I’ll get, like, parental guilt that I don’t need anymore." Courtesy Anna Faris/Instagram
A Young Critic
"He sees [all of my movies. Even the ones that he shouldn't see. He's a great critic," Pratt said on the Ellen Degeneres Show in May 2021, adding that Jack's favorites were The Lego Movie and Jurassic World. "He's started to become sort of a movie buff. He watches movies all the time, that's like our thing that we do." Courtesy Anna Faris/Instagram
Dad’s Dude Hits Double-Digits
"Happy Birthday to my first born, my smart, handsome, kind hearted, big boy Jack! TEN!!?? WHAAAT!? Double digits!!" Pratt shared via Twitter in August 2022. "Hard to believe it’s already been ten years!! You’re the best son, big brother, fisherman, scout, reader, mathematician, imagineer, builder, boxer and buddy a guy could ask for. Love you kid! ♥️♥️." Courtesy of Chris Pratt/Twitter
He’s Hilarious
“I love having a 10-year-old boy. He is hysterical,” Faris told E! News in October 2022. “And I feel like I'm a child myself. So maybe he's just raising himself. So, we'll see how that goes. How he turns out." She also revealed that Jack was recently caught saying a NSFW phrase, which she attributed to her “relaxed” parenting style and the movies he watches. "Apparently my son said the other day — he said it to the television I guess — but in front of some kids, he said, 'Suck my balls,’” the Just Friends star recalled. “I wasn’t witness to it. It was another parent.” Profanities aside, Faris couldn’t help but gush over her son. "I'm crazy about him,” she added. “I can't wait to grab him. Everyday." Diane Bondareff/Invision/AP/Shutterstock; Courtesy Anna Faris/Instagram

Post a Comment

0 Comments