Joshua Bassett Shades Adam Levine After Scandal: 'Don't Support Him'

Sharing their thoughts. After Adam Levine was accused of infidelity by multiple women, fellow celebrities entered the chat to offer their opinions on the situation.

The Maroon 5 singer, 43, made headlines earlier this month when Sumner Stroh claimed they had an affair amid his marriage to Behati Prinsloo. “I was having an affair with a man who is married to a Victoria’s Secret model,” she alleged in a TikTok video on Monday, September 19. “At the time, I was young, I was naive … I was very easily manipulated.”

The online personality, 23, later issued an apology to Prinsloo, 34, saying, “I fully realize I’m not the victim in this. I’m not the one who’s really getting hurt here. It’s Behati and her children, and for that, I’m so, so sorry,” the influencer stated.

Levine, for his part, took to social media to deny the accusations.

“I used poor judgment in speaking with anyone other than my wife in ANY kind of flirtatious manner,” he wrote via Instagram Story on Tuesday, September 20. “I did not have an affair, nevertheless, I crossed the line during a regrettable period of my life. In certain instances it became inappropriate. I have addressed that and taken proactive steps to remedy this with my family.”

The California native added: “My wife and my family is all I care about in this world. To be this naive and stupid enough to risk the only thing that truly matters to me was the greatest mistake I could ever make. I will never make it again. I take full responsibility. We will get through it and we will get through it together.”

Prinsloo, who is currently expecting her third child with the singer, did not directly address the controversy as two more women came out with their own allegations. The model was seen alongside her husband on Tuesday as they picked up their daughters Dusty Rose, 5, and Gio Grace, 4, from school.

Meanwhile, stars including Sara Foster took to social media to weigh in on the scandal.

“Cheating is so gross. This woman who chose to make a viral TikTok video — putting it out there for the world to see for a pregnant woman to see when she could have just messaged her privately,” Foster, 41, said in a TikTok video. “We don’t feel sorry for you. You knew this man was married and you participated.”

The 90210 alum’s response was not received well, with Emily Ratajkowski questioning the shade directed at Stroh.

“I don’t understand why we continue to blame women for men’s mistakes, especially when you’re talking about 20-something-year-old women dealing with men in positions of power who are twice their age,” the Gone Girl star, 31, said in response to Foster’s TikTok at the time. “Also, if you’re the one in a relationship, you’re the one obligated to be loyal so the whole other woman to blame, that’s bad and it’s literally designed to keep women apart.”

Scroll down to see how celebrities reacted to the scandal:


Joshua Bassett
"OK everybody, just pretend like the person who originally sang this next song didn't sing it. We don't support them," the HSMTMTS star said during his concert in October 2022. According to footage from fans, Bassett then performed a cover of Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved." DAVID SWANSON/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock
Shaquille O’Neal
"Adam is a friend of mine from [a long] time ago," the basketball legend told E! News in October 2022, adding, “I always say to myself, I cannot be a hypocrite." The NBA star, who was married to Shaunie O'Neal from 2002 to 2011, has admitted to cheating on his past partners, elaborating, “I wasn't the greatest husband in the world, so just because I have a large platform right now doesn't give me the right to bash other people. He's great." Jonathan Leibson/Polk Imaging/Shutterstock
Jana Kramer
During a September 2022 episode of her "Whine Down" podcast, the One Tree Hill alum opened up about why the rocker’s apology hit a nerve — especially after her divorce from Mike Caussin. “I am over the stuff that happened [to me], but it’s still very triggering when something comes up,” she explained. “I was pregnant when my cheated. To hear these words — ‘My wife and my family is all I care about in this world’ — That was always my big issue in my marriage. How am I? How? When? Before or after when you said ‘You’re the hottest girl in the world to some other women.” The country singer also took issue with Levine claiming he would “never” make the same mistake again, noting that even she “can’t say never” after cheating a few times during relationships in her ‘20s.  Paul A Hebert/Shutterstock
Amy Schumer
The Trainwreck star joked that she has been "kicking it with Adam Levine" during a September 26 appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! After Kimmel asked if Schumer's husband, Chris Fischer, "is OK with that," the comedian quipped, "Oh, my God. He like, totally respects my choices." MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Adam Devine
The Workaholics star made it clear that he didn't want to be confused for Levine in a cheeky Instagram post. "Just want to post this and say that my wife @chloebridges and I are doing great and going strong," Devine wrote. "I am not Adam Levine. He’s a different guy and a worse singer. We are however naming our future baby Sumner." Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Chrishell Stause
"When apologizing for cheating publicly, I hate the we will get through it together part from a man," the Selling Sunset star, 41, who ended her marriage to Justin Hartley in 2019, wrote via Twitter. "Don't speak for her. You've done enough." Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Emily Ratajkowski
After filing for divorce from husband Sebastian Bear-McClard earlier that month, Ratajkowski showed her support for Stroh. Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Sara Foster
The actress called out Levine and Stroh for their alleged interactions in a TikTok video. Rob Latour/Shutterstock
Nick Viall
“Emotionally cheating is still cheating Adam,” the season 21 Bachelor, 41, wrote via Instagram alongside Stroh's video. “The only people responsible for protecting a relationship are the people in the relationship,” Viall noted that the “only victim” in the situation is Levine's wife. “If there was an affair here, it’s because Adam chose to have an affair not because this girl was a willing participant. If it wasn’t gonna be her it was gonna be someone else," he continued. The reality star concluded his post by slamming Stroh for going public with her claims, writing, “It was that same ego and its need for feeling special that allowed her to justify having an affair with a married man for a year. You don’t get to be involved in an affair for a year and then claim that you gave any thoughts or considerations to the feelings of their partner.”   Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock
Lili Reinhart
The Riverdale star, 26, seemingly weighed in on the situation, tweeting, "Really appreciate the movement right now of women who are tired of protecting the reputation of awful men." MAX MONTINGELLI/Shutterstock
Karamo Brown
During an appearance on the SiriusXM show Bevelations, Brown, 41, weighed in on the affair allegations. “This is not saying anyone’s right or wrong, but we also have to be aware of how power and fame play into a young girl’s self-esteem and how they see themselves,” the Queer Eye star detailed. “Especially in our culture where we tell young women to disregard their self-esteem and their proper train of thought when a man who’s more powerful comes to your life because of whatever opportunity that you’re supposed to have or whatever status you’re supposed to have.” He continued: “And so at some point like, yes, she was young and she made a messed-up decision. She should have known better, but if she didn’t have the skills and tools to know better, then it’s like, who should have known better.” John Salangsang/Shutterstock

Post a Comment

0 Comments